Volunteers are needed in all our programs:
- Our greatest need: Saturday volunteers to help in the Thrift Shop - the first 3 Saturdays, the 4th Thursday of each month, or any Thursday morning, to sort and organize donations. Volunteers are scheduled for one 2 or 4-hour shift each month.
- Help elderly and infirm people carry their groceries from the Food Pantry up the stairs and out to their cars - the first 3 Saturdays and the 4th Thursday, any time between 9:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. Call to be placed on the volunteer schedule 865-5854.
- Organize a Food Drive in your organization, neighborhood, church, family...
- Help distribute food at the Food Pantry one day each month - the first 3 Saturdays and the last Thursday from 9-11:00 or 11-1:00. Call to be placed on the volunteer schedule 315-865-5854.
- Help sort and distribute Food $ense groceries - usually the 3rd Friday and Saturday of each month, check dates.
- Bake desserts for the Coffee House - see schedule .
- Help collect, shelve or distribute pet food on pantry days.
- Help set up tables and chairs for the coffeehouse - see schedule .
- Help collect and sort food, clothing, and gifts for the Christmas baskets - every December in the basement of St. Leo and St. Ann's Church on Elm St. in Holland Patent, NY.
- Help collect, sort, and deliver school supplies - late August/early September.
- Help with mailings for the Coffee House flyers and our annual newsletters .
- Purchase items from the Thrift Shop - all proceeds go to support FRCM.
- Attend a concert at the Park Coffee House - all profit goes to support FRCM.
- Attend our Wine Tasting Extravaganza every January at the Holland Patent American Legion.
- Join others in cooking dinner at Hope House in Utica, NY, on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Menus and food are provided by Hope House.
- If you shop online at Amazon, consider clicking on Amazon Smile and designating Foothills as the charity to receive a donation based on your purchase. There is no extra cost to the customer. We have received checks from Amazon Smile and know that this is for real.
Most of our programs take place in the Twin Churches in Holland Patent, NY.
Donations are always needed:
- Gently used clothing for children and adults and small household items
- Food for the pantry (or a monetary donation, which goes further when we purchase from the Food Bank of Central New York)
- School supplies in July and August
- Sign up to buy a gift for a specific needy child at Christmas through your church or organization or by calling us at 315-865-5854
- Give surplus produce from your garden to the pantry
- Organize a "Souperbowl Sunday" collection or luncheon at your church or organization: Some serve soup, some just pass the bowl, some take a collection in a soup pot.
- Drop off used printer cartridges at Staples and ask that they be credited to our account which is accessed by our phone number 315-865-5854. Or, donate rewards points to the Foothills account when you make a purchase at Staples. These add up surprisingly quickly.